Installing ibus-avro on Fedora 17
Open Terminal and enter the following commands one by one.
Step 1: Become root
Step 2: Add ibus-avro repository
cd /etc/yum.repos.d/ curl -L -O http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:sarimkhan/Fedora_17/home:sarimkhan.repo
Step 3: Install ibus-avro
yum install ibus-avro
Setting up IBus and Avro
You may need to set IBus as your default input method so that it starts automatically every time you log on.
- Open Activity by moving your mouse to top-left corner of your screen.
- Open Input Method Selector by typing its name or navigating from Applications
- Click Use IBus and wait a second as ibus starts.
Preferencesbeside Use IBus.
- Go to
Select an input method -> Show All Input Methods
- Full list of input method will be shown, click
Bengali -> Avro Phonetic
- Now Click
Addbutton to add Avro Phonetic to the list
- Now Close
Log Outfrom Input Method Selector window.
- You will be logged out, Log in again and Open any writing app Ex:Gedit
- Now Press
Ctrl+Spaceto toggle between English and Avro (Bengali)
- Enjoy Avro Phonetic!
sudo yum remove ibus-avro